Fiji live rock or man made live rock?

tp1011

Reefing newb
Ok my 29 biocube tank has been set up for a couple of weeks now and just trying
to get my levels dialed in. My ph is at 7.8, 8.0 and my salinity is at 1.021 I know those need to come up a bit. My ? is about live rock and I want peoples opinion.

I like the idea of Fiji live rock because you can get good little hitch hikers like mushrooms and invertebrates, and i guess bad ones also knowing my luck I would get a bunch of bad ones.

Now there is man made live rock, I don't know anything about it besides you would get no
bad hitch hickers and it is not taken out of the wild.

What do you guys think about live rock and man made live rock?

thanks

You can get good and bad hitchhikers on either type of live rock. It all depends on where the rock was made live. I have some fiji, tonga and man made in my tank. Blending them I think for me works well.

I think it all depends on where you buy the live rock. Most places online aren't going to send you cool hitchhikers and the live rock is mostly dead anyways. The only place I would trust to buy live rock and get actual live rock plus amazing hitchhikers is Tampa bay saltwater.

If you buy in a store, you aren't going to get many of the cool hitchhikers but it would be live,

N

Back