Fin rot?

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
my black clown's one back fin appears to be ragged like it was bitten at or it has fin rot. It has been in the same tank with the same 3 inhabitants for some time so I am not sure it was attacked but I cannot be sure. It seems to have appeared overnight. The only change my tank has had is a clam that died and been eaten to nothing but shell. Could the presence of this cause a bacteria that would aid in fin rot for this fish? None of my other fish show any signs of trouble. Is there any medications that can be used in display tank or should I just keep watch and see if it was a nipping fish?

I have a book that would be perfect for u but cant seem to find it right now:( . it had what the signs were and how to treat it. sorry illpost about if i find it

Keep a close eye on it and all other fish if you see it happening on anyother fish you will need to treat with Maricyn and maricyn 2. You need to treat withBOTH concurrently. I can not tell you if you corals will be effected by them someone else will know.

I am thinking there was some aggression over the dead clam eating that may have lead to a nip. It was most likely my Flame Angel. He was all over that clam.

Back