Fin rot....

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Does fin rot typically start from the edges, and does it typically start out by fading the colors of the tail? Today I saw a small hole in my tang's tail....but it looks more like something pinched it. It's in the middle, and close to his tail base, not on the edge. He's otherwise acting/eating/swimming normal and being a bully.

Well, that "hole" healed rather quickly...it was still there at the end of the day, but looked like it was filling in, if that makes sense...today, his bottom rear dorsal now looked tattered....no discoloration or fuzzy things, and again, he's eating normal. Everyone else is fine. I'm wondering what is pinching him. He's always on the move, so I doubt it's the pistol (who stays in his cave all the time)...I have a peppermint and 2 or 3 hermits...and as for fish, the tang seems to be the pushy one. I'll try to get a pic but he swims too damn fast.

Couldn't get a great shot....it's the darkened area -- it's torn up. The hole from the other day was in the tail area, in the middle...like it was punctured.

kole.jpg

Yeah, it's still a bit tattered today, but looks better than yesterday. As for the hole in his tail, it's pretty much gone. Weird fish.

Back