Final Fish

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
Considering the potential size of my existing fish on the reef, I'd like to plan for my final fish addition. Here is what I currently have in the tank:

Blue Tang
2 Pecula Clowns
Diamond Goby
Dragon Goby
3 Green Chromis
One-Spot Foxface

2 Skunk Shrimp
Unknown Number of Crabs
2 Turbos (I think)
1 Sea Hare (temporary)

I would like to add a Blue Flasher Wrasse family, with one male and 2 females. My concern is that my Blue Tang has quite the attitude, and I understand that some of the wrasses don't take well to being bullied. I was thinking, if a miracle occured and I could actually CATCH my tang, I could put her into the QT for a day or so and reintroduce her after lights-out in the tank. Any thoughts?

I think you have a good plan. My main concern would be the Tang. If stressed out too much they are prone to getting ick.

I think the Blue Wrasse was one of James' favorite fish. Maybe he can tell you more about them. They are very beautiful fish. Good luck.

If stressed out too much they are prone to getting ick.

That is definately my concern as well. It took an hour and a half to catch her the first time. I may have to use a trap the second time. I'd rather not have to catch her at all! :mrgreen: On the other hand, I wouldn't want her bullying the newbies into oblivion. She has a nasty habit of grabbing a new fish by the flukes and dragging it down to the sand bed. But, if a new fish can survive the first week in the tank, she tends to leave them alone after that.

i think you should add a better cuc if thats all you have listed..

I had a bunch more snails, but they all perished one way or another. Many of them fell onto their backs and I could not flip them over again in time. Others I think are being attacked by one of my largest hermits. I can't seem to keep pepermints in the tank, but I haven't really got any aptasia for them to eat. The sea hare is about 4-5" of algae eating machine, which seems to be compensating for the lack of snails. My diamond goby is the supreme asset in my tank currently, and she ("Josie") shovels the sand hourly and keeps it pristine white.

When you add the wrasses, you could also try doing it after the lights are out, and re-arrange some of the rocks at the same time too.

I actually don't think she does it as territorality, but because she thinks it's fun, of there is such a thing for a fish. She still chases the diamond goby just so she can see the poof of sand when the goby takes off. After about a week, though, she gets bored with the new fish.

Considering they are more prone to illnesses, I'm glad she's thriving in my tank, and, unless I have proof that she's caused the death of a fish, I won't be getting rid of her

hey your seahare hows that coming along, can u post some pics of ur algae so i can see how it works out. i just put one in my tank tryna see how it works out again for the 2nd time. the 1st time mine did an outstanding job SORRY for jumping off subject.

The sea hare seems to be doing ok...It's hard to judge his progress tho because I did a thurough job scrubbing my rocks just before I put him in there. There are some areas in the back of my tank that I couldn't reach with the brush that are still pretty overgrown, and I can't see much difference there. But he/she/it seems to be very gentle around my corals and I have actually seen it taking big chunks of hair algae off some of the rocks and glass.

Back