Finally... Can see through the green!

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I've been wanting to post tank pictures for a while, but lately my tank hasn't been very, ahhhh... presentable. Finally I think the algae is gone enough to see my animals!

Just a run through, I have 13 fish: 2 pj cards, 2 red firefish, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 yellow tail blue damsel, 1 tomato clown, 1 devil blue damsel, 1 six line wrasse, 1 yellow tang, 3 green chromis. I have 2 sally lightfoots, 4 emerald crabs, various snails and other crabs, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, a tiger cowrie, a sea hare, 2 red footed conchs and 2 queen conchs. For corals, I have several colonies of different kinds of mushrooms, ditto for some different types of zoas, I have xenia, about a gazillion Kenya trees (I started with one), a cabbage, and I just got some blastos (wellsi) today. Here you go:

Full tank shot:
IM000371.JPG

Tang, firefish and yellow tail:
IM000356.JPG

Cleaner shrimp and blastos:
IM000261.JPG

Mystery polyps (not extended). ID???
IM000318.JPG

Part of my Kenya tree forest:
IM000310.JPG

Hiding firefish:
IM000304.JPG

Chromis' and yellow tail:
IM000302.JPG

My beautiful, elegant graceful sea hare looking at a shroom:
IM000267.JPG

Two sally lightfoots and a pj card:
IM000287.JPG

Nice looking tank biff. You have alot of coraline growing on the back glass, I hope it spreads through out the tank for you. Thats a cute pic of the firefish hiding. How much rock you got in there?

Thanks Bobby. The glass is covered in coralline, and the rocks near the bottom are too, it's slowly spreading up on the rocks. I've got about 100 lbs of rock.

wow nice pics biff...i know im tooo late..i was looking into the archives.the kenia trees got my attention, they multyply very easy??.i know i can find this info in the web..but i wanted to have your opinion and experience..thanks...by the way, is been a while since your last tank pic..cmon cheear up..lets have some...like old times..

Yeah Kenya trees are, in my opinion, the easiest corals to keep and multiply. They spread like crazy. Yote calls them Kenya weeds. In my tank, I have so many that I just end up throwing them in the trash because my LFS won't even take them.

Be fore warned Rigo
Them kenya weeds are worse than algae and aiptasia.Once they get a foot hold,they take over.

Dont get me wrong Rigo.Kenyas are great if you have a LFS that will let you trade them.
I just got tired of picking the babys off the bottom and hauling them to the store.
And just when I thought I had got rid of all em.Brushed my rock,changed out the CC to sand,And I got about 10 more kenyas popping back up.

At my LFS, there are so many Kenya trees that they sell for only $5 each. My peppermint shrimps and cleaner shrimp get along fine.

Here it all depends on how big the kenya is and what else might be growing on the same rock.But a good in between figure is around 10 to 15 bucks.

Back