Finally Damsel-less

Adrastos

not getting a free ride
There are no Damsel's in the tank anymore.. what a great feeling.

I will say - this stupid fish was much easier to catch than that potters angel.

Now it's time to put reef friendly fish in. Amy has always liked Green Chromis and firefish. We have a green mandarin in there now and an engineer goby. Any ideas for others that would be neat and not at the damn corals!!!

Those are weird fish - they remind me of freshwater angels. Sixlines are very neat - they get fairly large though, right?

I've got two big books with lots of pictures - I better just start flipping through them I think!

Well - we hit the store today as well - 5 little green chromis to start out. With the new corals and these little guys we will hold off on adding anything else for awhile now. We definitely saw some neat fish.

As far as clowns - we are pretty picky as we don't want the "nemo" clown that is in everyones tank. Our favorite is the maroon clown - I just can't remember how aggressive they are and I am too lazy to check my books right now! hahaa :-D

Maroon clowns can be very aggressive. There are so many clowns to chose from, the onyx and clarkii are very nice IMO. Good luck and let us know what you get. Sorry the clarkii I dont think are very friendly but look nice IMO.

Yea... it will be awhile until we would ever get one. I am not the biggest fan of the clown fish - there are so many other neat fish out there!

Adrastos said:
There are no Damsel's in the tank anymore.. what a great feeling.

I will say - this stupid fish was much easier to catch than that potters angel.

Now it's time to put reef friendly fish in. Amy has always liked Green Chromis and firefish. We have a green mandarin in there now and an engineer goby. Any ideas for others that would be neat and not at the damn corals!!!
interesting you took damsels out to put damsels back in!! A clown fish is a nice addition.

yep lol so is a clown :D there just the better branches of the family tree, chromis are peaceful and reefsafe and clowns are generally calm natured unless there with another breed of clown or another fish is invading there territory usually.

Thanks to one of the books we have -I have also learned that damselfishes are related to freshwater cichlids as well. We just can't get away from them!

Back