finally got a camera that works

swninja

Reefing newb
only took me 3 months to get some pictures up here
2009_06200037.jpg

2009_06200039.jpg

2009_06200040.jpg

it's a work in progress

Awww my rocks look so happy in your new tank! Sniff sniff :cry: Tell the guys I said hello ;)

Looks like they came with some hitch hikers too? At least, I hope you didn't buy that kenya tree! And did the purple shroom come with the rocks? Your setup is looking great, and you're starting to get coralline on the back glass.

the kenya came from you, i bought the shrooms, but apparently they weren't happy where i put them so they ejected and scattered throughout the tank.

its not the end of the world yet. they've popped up in two other places in the tank, but until i actually have a bunch of coral. i think they actually give the tank a little personality. somebody needs to take a screen shot of that and email it back to me in a year when i'm going to town with a razorblade and pair of scissors.... but until then

Yeah, now is the time to work at keeping them under control. Which is not so hard to do when there are three or four of them. If you wait six months to decide to thin them out, you've made a mistake!

Thats a good looking tank.
When the kenya weed really takes off,just send the cuttings back to Biff:D

full tank boiling... hmmmm, that might be a good idea, then i wouldn't have to make dinner that night, just pick the shrimps and crabs out for finger foods..... BRILLIANT:bowdown:

Dinoflagellates.Their what causes red tides in the ocean.
They also seem to thrive when water parameters in the tank are perfect.They feed on calcium and alkalinity also.
They'll wipe a tank out over night.

swninja great looking tank. Is that PVC that goes deep in your tank an inlet? If so you may not want that to be so deep if the power shuts off it will start to syphon and could drain your tank to that point.

yeah, its an inlet, but i have holes drilled to break the siphon, 4 actually and i've tested it about 10 different times with different water levels in the sump just to check it. matter of fact i even drew lines and filling instructions on the sump in case my girl got motivated to top it off when iwasnt' around. wasn't gonna take any chances.

and i didn't know about the whole dino's thing. i'm from florida originally so i've definitly heard of red tide, but i never realized that happened from good water quality. i was always under the assumption that it was caused by really bad water ...i.e. sewage runoff (in the ocean) or something

i''ve been in kuwait for the last 5 months.... going through withdrawals from not seeing my tank. I won't even recognize it when i get back.

Back