Finally! My 75 Gallon Full Blown Reef!

Your cycle looked pretty good, though it is a bit odd that they stayed so low, but for so long.

I would think that the Chromis should be added about the same time as the Kole because they're so aggressive. So are the Anthias. You'd also want to be careful with the Mandarin and another goby because chances are the Mandarin would get bullied because they're so relaxed and calm.

If you still wanna do a Mandarin, though, you need to make sure your tank is really mature. Since they feed on copepods only, they can easily wipe the population, even in a 75, in a matter of months or less. ORA claims that theirs feed on frozen food, too, but I wouldn't count on that just in case. Especially since they're twice the price of a regular one at any LFS.

chromis are big old wimpies, and arent the same as damsels which I think you have them confused with. Anthias are also a peaceful schooling fish . ..

chromis are big old wimpies, and arent the same as damsels which I think you have them confused with. Anthias are also a peaceful schooling fish . ..

Yah that's what I thought. :?

And anyway I decided not to get a mandarin. Wanted to get some more swimmy kinda fishies.

Hmm, I could've sworn that Chromis and Anthias were the mean ones, along with damsels...I guess I did get a little confused, sorry bout that...lol. Anyways, I'll get a Mandarin for you! I just need to get a big enough tank set up and let it mature. : ]

I had my LFS order an ORA watchman goby so I'll be picking it up along with a pistol shrimp saturday afternoon!

But still no lights; fish aren't afraid of the dark are they? :neutral:

I would get lights soon...even if its a cheap "for now" fixture. Thats what im doing then im gonna get a better light for corals next week. They should be fine, though.

Chromis are a semi aggressive fish where as the damsels are just mean and nasty. I had to get rid of my Damsels because of how mean they where to my other fish. I even stocked the tank with Chromis and Damsels at the same time and they still where killing the Chromis. Damsels where even daring enough to try and attack my Coral Banded Shrimp but she is QUEEN of the tank and they soon realized not to mess with her !!

Damsels are notorious for killing fish many times their size and even fish that have been well established in the tank.

Chromis are peaceful fish though, they can show aggression towards other chromis, but I have never heard of one being a bully towards other species.

Got the shrimp and the goby today, and after acclimating them for two hours and placing them in the tank... No sign of them. :?

But hopefully they'll (or at least the goby) will be out tomorrow. And I'll be sure to take pictures. ;)

So... The shrimp seem to be making itself at home. It's digging a burrow under a rock in the front of the tank.

But... I haven't seen the goby since I released it. :? -- Should I be worried?

So... The shrimp seem to be making itself at home. It's digging a burrow under a rock in the front of the tank.

But... I haven't seen the goby since I released it. :? -- Should I be worried?

Naw, I'm sure he is just hiding. Took mine 2 days to come out and when I woke up it had it was out and watching over the shrimp I had in there.

3 days and still nothing. :(

He had been at the LFS for 3 days after he came over from ORA and he was still hiding there. I guess he's been through a lot lately. :|

3 days and still nothing. :(

He had been at the LFS for 3 days after he came over from ORA and he was still hiding there. I guess he's been through a lot lately. :|

Yeah seems like he's been through a lot. I'd just give him some time. A few fish friends I have gotten hid for quite a few days after acclamation.

Should I be putting small amounts of food in the tank, in hopes that he might get some, or should I just wait until I see him to do anything?

I fed mine before the lights went on just to avoid spooking them to much. a week later they were out having fun in there new home. My Hawk and Gramma were the ones that took the longest to get past being shy. the hawk took about a work week. The Gramma took a full week before coming out to play.

Do you have a light on your tank yet? No light tells the fish its time for bed, and they go hide in the rocks so they wont get eaten by the fish that come out to hunt at night.

Back