Finally! My 75 Gallon Full Blown Reef!

Do you have a light on your tank yet? No light tells the fish its time for bed, and they go hide in the rocks so they wont get eaten by the fish that come out to hunt at night.

No lights yet. :grumble:

They were supposed to take 3-4 weeks to make and in it's been over 5. :grumble:

Should have them by the end of the week though.

Sooo...

I took the lights off my 110 and put them on my 75, so that will work for the next few days. I still haven't seen the goby out yet.

But...

I put a piece of food in there and I watched it as it floated to the back of the tank... Then the goby jumped out and ate it! :bounce:

Still not in the open though...

alex i got my lights today. they are incredible. i didnt post pics becasue i have no way to hold them in my canopy yet, ill probably have them over the tank by saturday. they really are incredible tho. the colors just pop

alex i got my lights today. they are incredible. i didnt post pics becasue i have no way to hold them in my canopy yet, ill probably have them over the tank by saturday. they really are incredible tho. the colors just pop

They better be good. :grumble:

I've had my 40 watt t12 bulb over the tank for a while now and still haven't seen the goby. I put a piece of food in front of the rock I think he's behind and he did not come out...

I didn't think gobys took this long to acclimate..? :chair: :question:

lol just give him some time with the lights may be a bit stage shy still. don"t be surprised if he's white when you see him.

lol just give him some time with the lights may be a bit stage shy still. don"t be surprised if he's white when you see him.

I did see him briefly in the back yesterday and he looked like he did when I got him. Like this:

p-71653-watchman-goby.jpg

-- A blue spotted watchman goby. :?

I did see him briefly in the back yesterday and he looked like he did when I got him. Like this:

p-71653-watchman-goby.jpg

-- A blue spotted watchman goby. :?

ok thats good now its a wait game ;) he'll be out and about in time the former "Al Capone (my Lawnmower Blenny)" was not all that social but did come out to heed when id add the algae cube.

Still nothing. :(

This is starting to get pretty strange... I put him in Saturday and haven't seen anything of him since Tuesday. I haven't even seen the shrimp in the last couple days...

Still nothing. :(

This is starting to get pretty strange... I put him in Saturday and haven't seen anything of him since Tuesday. I haven't even seen the shrimp in the last couple days...

hmmm are you able to see behind your rock work with the lights off using a flashlight some times the spot light method works well on finding lost fish or critters. The only other thing i can think of is maybe your guy died from stress and your cuc ate him then maybe the same with the shrimp. But I've had friends that have found there shrimp in there sumps. sometimes even smaller fish.

hmmm are you able to see behind your rock work with the lights off using a flashlight some times the spot light method works well on finding lost fish or critters. The only other thing i can think of is maybe your guy died from stress and your cuc ate him then maybe the same with the shrimp. But I've had friends that have found there shrimp in there sumps. sometimes even smaller fish.

I don't have a cuc yet. And I haven't noticed any unusual action from the skimmer. The shrimp is pretty small and there are lots of rocks. Isn't it likely he's just burrowing in a part of the tank I can't see?

I don't have a cuc yet. And I haven't noticed any unusual action from the skimmer. The shrimp is pretty small and there are lots of rocks. Isn't it likely he's just burrowing in a part of the tank I can't see?

yes that it is they both can be in the same good spot. I do truly hope both are ok

Good news guys. I looked around and found the shrimp and the goby. They were both in different parts in the back of the tank. I wasn't able to get any food back there but at least we now they're alright. :D

Back