Finally, Pics R Here!!! Don't you wish your tank had fish like this???

you should get an angel reeffreak, the pics just don't do them justice. Not to mention, they like to eat out of your hands when the get acclimated to your tank. Thanks for all the kind words, it is beautiful isn't it?

-Dr Marco :sfish:

everyting looks perfect..those corals wow..i hope one day my future lethers looks like yours..coraline is off the charts..i can understand your passion now!!

Yeah, I have never seen an emperor that big before. When I saw it, I knew I had to do it. His color is a bit faded from the copper he was in, but he should perk up a bit in his yellow and blue. I am trying to get him to eat cyclopeez to boost his coat, but so far, he likes meater fare. He can almost eat an entire cube in one gulp. I have read that emperors colors tend to fade over time, but I hope not. He still has about 6 more inches to grow.

marco, those pics are so great! Jealousy is flowin deep now. I cant wait till i get my emperor for my tank, need better lights first :( Love the coralline though

I am glad you all liked my pics and video. They just don't do my tank justice. I have worked hard to make it look like this and it is very validating to hear your praise. reeffreak, the pics of the green nepthia were what I PM'd you about in trade for your colt. I have cut that stupid thing three times and it has grown almost out of control in the last 6 months.

I get nervous posting pics. Our tanks are such a personal expression of ourselves, I get worried that you will not find it as hauntingly beautiful as I do. I am excited for the corals to fill in and mature even more. I also am excited for my Koran Angelfish to make his transition from juvenile to full adult.

As for my coralline algae, I didn't really do anything special - I keep my Kh between 8.5-11. I cannot seem to find the dose that maintains it at an even 10. My tank depleats the Kh so fast that it is difficult to tell. I must admit that I haven't been testing often enough. I will figure it out. I bought a deal on the 200 gallon bucket of Oceanic, but I still need to dose both Ca and Kh.

I do have a question, my emperor seems to have a few white blotches on his body - almost could be Ich, but the bumps are not raised off his scales, but seem to be mild discoloration. Any ideas what that could be? I am just crossing my fingers that his color will improve being out of copper and being fed plankton, emerald entree and seaweed. I would appreciate any and all ideas. I also would like to hear ideas regarding what other corals would look good in my tank. Thank you all again for your kind words, it really does make it all worth it to get peer praise. It is one thing to have a passerby wander in and make a kind comment, but you all know how much work this project can be, so it means more from you all.

Great looking fish and tank....

One thing, please don't take offense to this. But, isn't your tank overstocked with fish? as far as size?. Couldn't they possibly become easily stressed, especially the tangs?

I am new to the hobby, but your tank seemed a little overcrowded. I could and probably be wrong, but I am still learning.

Last edited:
I am currently at 31 inches of fish, which is about 4 gallons per 1 inch of fish, which is just about in line. What I have found to be a good measure of stocking is if the fish have ample swimming room, enough places to hide and water parameters testing out OK. So far, so good. They all play nice together and are not fighting for space. If I had a tank that was only 4 feet long, I would totally have too many fish. My 125 is 6 feet long and that gives the fish lots of swimming room. Doing frequent and larger water changes also helps to keep the quality of water high. If there were problems, the corals would show it first by not opening up fully and fish would probably show signs of stress, such as not eating, Ich, dying, etc.

I recognize that all my fish will not last to their full size as they mature. Next year the angels will go into a 265 (with new friends, a blue-faced angel and a french angel) stocked with soft corals and my 125 will get a mild overhaul and a school of purple queen anthias.

I appreciate your observation. I did lots of homework to make sure I could stock like this. So far it is working. I will make adjustments if things start looking bad.

Back