Finding a tank

I'm not sure how much they run.They are pretty expensive for tanks that size.It does have those super clear starphire glass after all.They don't come with anything but you can buy them as complete setups-tank,stand,sump and lights.

I don't have an Oceanic Tech Tank,I have a regular 75g. Oceanic bought back in 97' I think.They have all T5 fixtures or MH/T5 combo fixtures.

They have a big thread on Reef Central all about The Oceanic Tech Tanks and how much they cost....but I couldn't find it.You can go with the tank/stand and build your own sump or buy any sump and lights.

This isn't my sump,its my buddy's design which works great.My only suggestion to use a tank and put baffles in it.Go with a sump thats the biggest you can fit in the cabinet.

The skimmer is in the first chamber,the yellow square thing is a sponge/bubble trap sitting on eggcrate right before the fuge.The final section is the return section.You want it big enough so the pump is underwater and evaporation isn't so fast that the pump runs dry.I do recommend an ATO if the sump is small and your getting evaporation to fast.Don't forget a ball valve on the return pump.

sump.jpg

Back