finding a watchman goby

lilduud

Reefing newb
so its been over a month since i put my watchman goby in my ten gallon... he was quite active the night of acclimation but never tried to jump... since that night i have not seen him once, and im beginning to think hes dead.. any tips on finding or luring out elusive fish like the watchman goby? ive heard of these guys hiding for 3+ weeks at a time but how long can you hide in a ten gallon tank hah

Idk man, mine comes out when its dinner time and a good portion of the day he's pirched up somewhere ona rock. Only time he hides is when i walk past the tank and he gets spooked....you see no sign of him when u put food in the tank?

haha no worries he probably fell victim to whatever evil predator is hiding deep in the crevices of my tank. its still unidentified but its a mantis i believe. continuous clicks after the lights go out... but how has he not killed my mandarin? hes my biggest fish but my slowest and most peaceful. and i have seen no trace of him what so ever [the mantis]... just two peppermint shrimp and one watchman goby have disappeared without a trace.

Back