finding who-mo?

reefpanda

Reefing newb
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwSP0InqeE]YouTube - Aquacultured clownfish[/ame]

reminds me of the movie finding nemo in two ways.
1 its a clown fish
2. the seagulls "mine. mine mine mine"

It just seems wrong to me that any fish aside from those 10 cent gold fish should have to live in such a packed environment. It's crazy at first, but then kind of sickening after a while; I don't know, I'm sure I'm just being weird. :lol:

I know...but in a sense, it's all our fish...they're kept and bred like that for our industry, and sadly its the lesser of two evils

I'm just used to seeing them kept like that I guess; and used to them either being used for fish food or dying within a week anyway

i never will forget the first time i saw them feed the trigger they had at the aquadome, they just threw a goldfish in the water, and within like 2 seconds that trigger had bit that goldfish right in half, so its front kept trying to swim while its back half was being digested.

I'm just used to seeing them kept like that I guess; and used to them either being used for fish food or dying within a week anyway

really? I've kept goldfish for YEARS and YEARS... I guess i've got the "golden" touch... haha.... i hate seeing any fish packed :(

Back when I was in elementry school we would have a once a year carnival with that "Toss the ping pong ball in the fish bowl" game; don't know if anyone knows about what I'm talking about, but it's pretty self-explanatory :lol:. in any case, that was the favorite game and most kids would play until they one at least one gold fish. The following week at school would be a game to see who's would die first and who could keep their's alive the longest, but in the end, they all died anyway and the fish store the "donated" the gold fish sold 30+ fish bowls and jars of flake food :lol:

They do that around here also. The vendors keep the fish in almost ice water to slow them down and not have to feed them over the few days of the carnivals. The kids win them, take them home , put them in a room temp. fish bowl and the next morning they are dead. I asked one of these jerks if they understand what quick temp. changes do to fish and they gave me the deer in the headlights look

They have that same game at the county fairs here.
My kids always want to play it,but I never let em.I always steered them to the shooting gallery:D

:shock: good man ...remind me never to baby sit your kids :lol: ..."Kids it's time to go to bed, turn the TV off" [click~click] :shock: "Did I say turn it off? I meant turn it up...I can't hear it way over hear :ugh:"

:mrgreen:

Back