Finished SUMP

AdamC

Reefing newb
I just finished my sump and hooked it up in the new house.

I am having a major problem with micro bubbles.

I have a dual overflow box but capped one end and put a duramax pipe on the end I have open. It flows through some clear flex hose. The return starts with the same clear tubing and feeds into a pvc pipe with a ball valve. I have a mag 7 pump I believe. I think the problem lies here. I barely have the valve open and the water in the sump return is low because its feeding it to fast but its barely coming out.

The intake is from the overflow box which may be a problem as well. I took the duramax off and it actually flows faster. The pipe does have a hole in the top and that seemd to cause the issue as it let the air in and slowed down the flow.

Here are the pics of my setup.

I have put sponges for another type of filtration. I have read that a filter sock may also help but I am not sure how to rig it in there though.

I still need to add my protein skimmer to the ref part but I won't put it in until I can get the bubbles down

I just need help and suggestions

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 403
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
my return pipe also has an elbow on it and is about half way down to provide circulation mid tank but is useless there sense i have the valve nearly shut off

Back