Fire and Ice Zoas Turning Orange

Jml32788

Reefing newb
My "Fire and Ice" zoas closed up for a few days and then once they started opening up again I noticed a few of the closed heads had turned bright orange. Some of the smaller heads are completely orange and some of the mid size heads are blotchy orange. I've never seen this before. Any one have any thoughts?

Sorry for the Iphone pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 417
My "Fire and Ice" zoas closed up for a few days and then once they started opening up again I noticed a few of the closed heads had turned bright orange. Some of the smaller heads are completely orange and some of the mid size heads are blotchy orange. I've never seen this before. Any one have any thoughts?

Sorry for the Iphone pic.

I have tons of zoas including Fire & Ice. The only thing I've seen change zoa color is too much light and Hydrogen Peroxide dips. Also light-acclimating zoas too fast will change their color.

I did just move them up 3in from the bottom of the tank. I didn't think that would make a huge difference. They were closed before I moved them though. I guess i'll just keep my eye on them for the next few days. I'll move them back to the sand bed and keep an eye on them.

Back