Fire Shrimp Aggressive?

Coral Commander

Reefing newb
I have a Fire Shrimp and Cleaner Shrimp in a 55 gallon tank. I have had both of these shrimp for quite a while. I have noticed lately that the antennas on the Cleaner Shrimp are trimmed off very short. I have been wondering if the Fire Shrimp has been picking on the Cleaner Shrimp. I have not noticed any aggressive interaction between the two. Does anyone know if the Fire Shrimp has a tendency to be aggressive?

Sounds uncommon, every now and then i see my fish snip at one thinking its food, but i never see them actually get any of the antennae. I'd keep watching to find out what is happening.

I really don't think fire shrimp are aggressive at all; If anything, IME the cleaner would be the more aggressive.

My cleaner shrimp's antenna get caught in the rocks and get cut off. I always thought a fish was chewing them off. But, I seen him loose one on a rock that was up against the glass. They grow back.

I had a Dottyback bite off each and every antennae on a Coral Banded shrimp and then he finally killed it. My current Skunk Cleaner has two antennae snipped but I don't know who or what did it.

My LFS told me there is a low risk of normally peaceful fish killing a shrimp.

Back