fire shrimp and coral banded shrimp

maybe, depends on the CBS. If you are thinking about adding the CBS I would caution you against it. They can be angels for awhile but once they get large and settled in they will go after your fish and other inverts.

+1 Hannah - I had one for a while that stayed hidden in one spot and wasn't much of a problem. Then he molted a few times and doubled in size, and started snapping at fish....

i just took my CBS out aggroed my coral beauty and 2 perculas to death

NEVER again will i ever own a CBS, they act nice at first but once they get used to the tank they act worse than maroon clowns

Wellllllll ive got both in my 46g right now. I got the BLUE CB and he isnt the nicest guy. Ususally if anything goes in his area he swings his claws in a tantrum and chases whatever came close. He's never came close except the fire shrimp. He(the fire shrimp) has no brain when it comes to when i feed my tank and he will always go by the CBS. Its actually funny because the FS always gets chased away. Granted my CBS isnt big yet. But so far so good. And if the CBS kills something, he will become the food of my mantis. Then again im not a fan of my FS stealing food off of my corals either. smh

I have a mated pair of CBS & a Fire Shrimp in my tank. It's been a year & a half & they're still model citizens. They did become alil territorial when they reached 3.5 & 4 inches, but they don't bother anyone in the tank. They just forage for food @ nite

Not too much you need to know, just make sure you acclimate them slowly to your tank. They are very easy to keep and pretty cool too!

Back