Fire shrimp molting alot

probably means it is running out of space in its current shell frequently, i.e. it's growing rapidly

not 100% on this, but could also be attributed to re-growing a limb

It can also suggest there is something stressing your shrimp out.
What else is in the tank with it?
What are the water parms?
How big is the tank?

Honestly havent checked the params lately i have a emerald crab a fire angelfish a sotter blenny and a green mandarin. The salinity is good i do dose calcium and 1 drop iodine every other night for my corals and its a 36 gallon bowfront

Id say run some tests just to be sure. Also you test for iodine and calc right? I assume you are since your dosing. He could be just being a pig, but it might be a problem.

Too much iodine could be your problem -- iodine encourages molting. You may be overdosing your tank and not realizing it. Do you have an iodine test, and when you tested for iodine did it show that your levels were low and you needed to dose? If not, then stop dosing it. It is very easy to overdose on those things if you do not test for them first to see if you even need them. I'm betting it's the iodine. If you are doing regular water changes, the salt contains enough iodine in the correct balance that you shouldn't have to add any.

Back