Firefish Goby being attacked

grdpder

Reefing newb
Hi All -

Just recently, my Firefish Goby is being attacked by my Clownfish and Bi-color blenny. They have been ganging up on my goby and have drawn blood. I' have them for over a year now and never had any problems.

What can I do? I didn't want to set up my QT for it, but, if I don't it's a matter of time the goby will be killed. My other option is to take it back to the LFS and see if he will take the goby...

Any advise will be appreciated.

David

The clowns and bi-color are both very aggressive fish and the firefish is a total wimp so im not totally surprised to hear this. I would turn the lights out for a few days and re-arrange the rocks. That will hopefully disrupt the territories the other two fish have established and allow the firefish to get a bit of home turf.

I have 2 Clarki Clowns and a Bi-color and they never bothered my Firefish. Sadly however, I accidently killed my Firefish today because he liked to hide in decorative rocks and I inadvertently removed him while cleaning my tank and didn't know it until too late.

Sometimes this hobby is frustrating and humbling...kind of like golf. Just when you think you're getting the hang of it...fore!

At least their inexpensive and I can take a mulligan.

The clowns and bi-color are both very aggressive fish and the firefish is a total wimp so im not totally surprised to hear this. I would turn the lights out for a few days and re-arrange the rocks. That will hopefully disrupt the territories the other two fish have established and allow the firefish to get a bit of home turf.

thanks! while moving some rocks around, i went ahead and did a water change...crossing my fingers and see what happens...

Thanks!

David

I have 2 Clarki Clowns and a Bi-color and they never bothered my Firefish. Sadly however, I accidently killed my Firefish today because he liked to hide in decorative rocks and I inadvertently removed him while cleaning my tank and didn't know it until too late.

Sometimes this hobby is frustrating and humbling...kind of like golf. Just when you think you're getting the hang of it...fore!

At least their inexpensive and I can take a mulligan.

ouch! sorry to hear that. good comparison...lol

Just because a fish in inexpensive doesnt mean their life is worth any less. And you really shouldnt be removing your rocks and stuff when your cleaning a tank.

well, i just got home and saw my coral banded shrimp have my firefish goby in it jaws. even my bi-color blenny and other livestock taking turns on it. i am a bit sad... i just don't know what turn my clown and bi-color ganging up on it...=-(
RIP firefish goby...

David

Back