firefish gone bad

steelcity

Reefing newb
So I bought a pair of firefish back in May I think when I returned my 6line. They were together in the tank so I took them both. They ate, slept, and hung out together until recently. Over the past couple weeks I notice they were hanging out separatly and also not sleeping together. Just got home from softball and those two have gone bad. One is more jacked up than the other but both have some torn fins.

Never would have guessed those peaceful looking fish would have gone ape on each other. I can't separate them so I'll just have to wait it out til Saturday if they both make it before I can at least return one.

Sounds like an ugly divorce, I'll bet the torn up one is the male:shock: I'd separate them. And call a lawyer for the torn up one.

not the only fish. black clown, coral beauty, bi color blenny, and yellow watchman. The firefish and the yellow watchman were all in a threesome. They all used to sleep together. The one of them got the boot.

That damn watchman is a hussy and a homewrecker.

From liveaquaria.com:

It requires a 10 gallon or larger aquarium with plenty of loose coral rubble as part of the aquascape, and a tight-fitting lid to prevent it from jumping out of the tank. It will rarely become aggressive towards other fish, but is territorial, and will fight with its own kind unless they are a mated pair.

From liveaquaria.com:

It requires a 10 gallon or larger aquarium with plenty of loose coral rubble as part of the aquascape, and a tight-fitting lid to prevent it from jumping out of the tank. It will rarely become aggressive towards other fish, but is territorial, and will fight with its own kind unless they are a mated pair.

See. they broke up and are fighting over the F;at Screen TV!!!:shock:

and then there was one.

Came home to find the one in very poor shape. I put him out of his misery. Sucks since it looked good having both of them in the tank. I've been feeding them well and their colors were really solid. Oh well

We all know what this means though... "Come on down! You're the next contestant..."

and my LFS is having 20% off tomorrow

Back