First Coral!

Rufio808

Reefing newb
So I took a trip to the LFS and I picked up my first coral! The majority of corals are illegal here in Hawaii, so the LFS usually only sells several native zoanthids. I saw this frag and had to get it!

Red People Eaters! <3

Zoa garden here I come! :^:

Those are awesome looking! You'll have to update us with some pics of them placed in the tank.

Wait till I get rid of my hair algae problem! Haha

I placed them on a rock that is of medium height and medium flow. I guess I should've placed them on the sand bed first, then move them higher if needed. I don't want to bother them again. They look happy!

Last edited:
Wait till I get rid of my hair algae problem! Haha

I placed them on a rock that is of medium height and medium flow. I guess I should've placed them on the sand bed first, then move them higher if needed. I don't want to bother them again. They look happy!

If they look happy then don't mess with them. Just make sure the HA doesn't start to grow on them or they'll start to close up.

I cut off the bottom of the frag plug and attached it to the same rock. Right after I put it back in it opened right away. Great little guys. Here they are in their new home! Note that the color of the skirts is actually a deeper red. Dang lights!

Those look great in there but, lonely ... You need to start adding more now :Cheers:

I KNOW! Oh goodness, I think I'll be buying every frag that the store gets hahaha. Just when I thought I couldn't get anymore addicted. CORALS happen!

where did you get that from I live on the Big Island and I wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of those hopefully they could ship it here

Yeah, but you have to realize that if corals were not illegal then I'm pretty sure the reefs would be completely barren in a matter of months. I got these at a LFS on Oahu. They were tank grown by some reefer I believe.

Back