First corals!! Also.. what kind of mushroom??

LoveJC03

Reef Enthusiast
Bought our first corals today! A purple Kenya Tree 2.5" tall :) No picture just yet.. we're waiting for it to attach to our rock, we have a couple empty shells holding it up right now lol.

Our mushroom!! Could this be a Nuclear Sunset?? :mrgreen:
mushroom-6812-sml.jpg

Our first Kenya Tree is doing so well! It doesn't look purple anymore.. more of a pink/mauve color. It has grown another stem too :)
2012-06-1416.jpg

Our mushroom still hasn't attached, we had it in a container w/ rubble.. but today we loosely rubberbanded it to a rock in the middle of the tank.

Bought 2 new Kenya Trees today.. they look different from our first one, but I guess there are different kinds. :) Next we might buy Ricordea or Zoas.....maybe both!

Be careful with those kenya trees. Many people consider them pests because they spread so quickly. They took over my old 240 gallon tank, smothered and killed everything else in it, and I ended up having to boil 500 lbs of live rock on the stove to get rid of them. I do not recommend that people add them to their tanks because once they grow... They don't stop!

Be careful with those kenya trees. Many people consider them pests because they spread so quickly. They took over my old 240 gallon tank, smothered and killed everything else in it, and I ended up having to boil 500 lbs of live rock on the stove to get rid of them. I do not recommend that people add them to their tanks because once they grow... They don't stop!

:shock: Wow... who knew a pretty coral you go out and buy can do something like that! We have 3 of these now... I thought maybe they shed here and there and it would be okay, maybe if they start to pop up in new places we'll have to find them and remove the new ones..unless it's like wildfire and we have to nip them all in the butt!? :frustrat:

Back