first fish dying

Sethtron

Reefing newb
I recently bought a Sailfin Tang; soon after I added it to my tank it showed obvious signs of infections. I decided to QT all of my fish, the rest of the fish are all fine but the tang did not recuperate. The Tang is currently propt up on a rock; it definitely will not survive. So my question (a most likely stupid question) is do the rest of you flush the fish when it is still alive but obviously dying, or do you wait until the fish is completely dead? Sorry for such a stupid question, but this is the first fish I have lost. Thanks alot.

give it a vodka or tequila bath to euthanize it and then flush it, once its flushed forget about adding a tang to your tank until it is above 75 gallons

Yeah, it's kinda not surprising when a tang gets put in a 30 gallon tank and doesn't survive. They require much bigger tanks than that.

I think it'd be pretty cruel to flush it while it's still alive. Euthanize it first by putting it in a bowl of alcohol. Another way to euthanize a fish is to decapitate them, but that would definitely traumatize ME past the point of being able to fall asleep at night. Alcohol is your best bet.

Back