first fish

Got more coral. Ill pic up when there fully open but for now
IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

Cool cave, just make sure it isnt going to come falling down!

Also your sun coral is looking a little rough, I would make sure to give it a little TLC

Nice first fish and corals!

I am just getting started myself and just got my first fish today. I will make a post later after I get some pics. I picked up 3 small Blue Chromis and they seem to be adapting well.

Tomorrow I am going to get about 60-70 lbs of live rock with well established coralline, and lots of corals including more Xenia, mushrooms and more that I am not sure what they are. A friend is taking down a 90gal reef tank and is selling me his live rock with all his corals for $3/lb!

Also getting a pair of Pajama Cardinals from him for $30 for the pair.

markj, make sure to rinse the rock very well in his saltwater to try to prevent putting extra detritus into your tank causing a mini-cycle from the live rock. i also wouldn't add the cardinals. you should add a fish every 2-3 weeks. at the rate your going you will have 5 fish in 2 days.

After seeing what the cardinals sell for I will be negotiating that price on the pair. They are fully mature if I remember correctly.

I hear ya. I have been very patient to date and this deal just came up right as I was acclimating the Chromis.

I will see if he will hold on to the cardinals for a couple of weeks or so. He has two other reef tanks so that shouldn't be a problem.

His tanks are pristine and well maintained. At least I have that "known condition" going for me.

Well, I decided to not buy the Cardinals and instead bought a mating pair of Ocellaris Clowns. He is keeping them for me so I can wait another week or so before introducing them into the tank.

Here they are in his tank.

DSCF1117.JPG

I will start that thread with pics of all the new rock and coral later today. The corals are all doing great and I have tested the water parameters and all looks great!

We transported the live rock and corals in a huge insulated cooler and they never dried out, cooled off or were even exposed to much air at all. Acclimated the entire cooler for about 2 hours using 15 gallons of water from my tank added to the water in the cooler which came from the 90gal.After that I replaced the water in my tank with15 gallons of fresh RO Saltwater (Instant Ocean) that had been circulating for about 24 hours.

Just finished the battery of tests about an hour ago and everything looks great!

Back