First Rant/First post in off-topic to

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by HeavyHittah, Jul 7, 2011.

1. HeavyHittah

HeavyHittah LivingReefs is like home

I dont know if i should really call this a rant, but it still bothering me

Well some of you know that a little over a year ago i moved to houston to go to school. This past February i graduated (with honors). I had a 3.95gpa and 97% attendance rate. i only missed time when i was trying to get situated with a job. Anyway since i moved home in Feb, i havent been able to land a job so ive been staying with my mom and dad. It is very hard to go from providing for yourself to being back with your parents. But what do you do. So since ive been home i guess you can say ive been put in charge of keeping the house in order.i understand that that is my role for time being. Although im 25 i still know how to humble myself. Anyway for the past couple of weeks the a/c has been on the fritz. in the past 2 weeks there have been 2 (maybe 3) times where my dad has asked me to stay home or head home because the a/c guy would be coming to fix the unit. all times the guy never showed or either came at like 7oclock. so yesterday my dad asked me if i would stay home this morning and wait for the guy to come back and fixed the unit (just needs refrigerant). i tell him ok yesterday. this morning i wake up and start my job search, again. and i see an ad for a job paying 400/week. i know its not alot but ill take it. the catch is i had to go early so i can catch the hiring manager because he would be going out of town. I leave a message on the door for the a/c saying the back door is unlock so he can check the thermostat if need be. My thinking is it takes about 30 minutes to fill the unit with refrigerant and he can walk in and check the thermostat no problem. i leave. i catch the manager, i get the job, i come home. Dad calls asking what happened this morning. i told him what i just told you. he says "the same door where the dog is?" i said "yea" and he starts flipping out on me and said i should have called and told him so he can tell the guy to come back. so i tell him that the a/c guy has stood by our dog no problem. This dog is a small lhasa apso. nothing is mean about him. and whether i called him or let the guy come and leave cuz i wasnt home either way we would have had to reschedule. but since we live deep in the country i would figure the guy would put refrig in the unit, check it, and bill us. i didnt know a grown ass dude would somehow be afraid of a small dog that he has stood next to and was chained up anyway deter him from filling the unit. I can understand if he would have said he didnt want to come in because noone was home and couldnt go by the note being on the door. but we're talking country living here. we know and trust everybody out here. my problem is not with the guy, its more with my dad. i have waited for this guy to show up before and he doesnt show, then the time he does show, im out trying to find a job so i can move out of my parents house. Damn the a/c, either way itll get fixed. whether its today,tomorrow, or next week. but a job isnt always going to be there these days. instead of jumping down my throat about me not calling you (i did call my mother and inform her), maybe show some happiness that i saw an opportunity and did what i had to do.

HeavyHittah, Jul 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. HeavyHittah

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

I could predict halfway through that the ac guy would come the ONE TIME you're not there. As hard as the job situations are nowadays, I'd have thought your dad would be proud of your drive to not be a mooch and sit on your a$$. Well, we're proud of you :D

wontonflip, Jul 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. HeavyHittah

Smitty

Sorry to hear about that bro...and I agree with wonton. Congratulations, I would have done the same thing.

Smitty, Jul 7, 2011
  4. HeavyHittah

Nanna Reef Freak

You did the right thing! Jobs are to hard to come by these days and the a/c repairman had already proven how unreliable he is. Once your dad cools off hopefully he will realize he over reacted. Hope the new job opportunity works out for you.

Nanna, Jul 7, 2011
  5. HeavyHittah

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

I gotta give a +3 on this one.
    Except tell that service tech to take a hike and call somebody else to fix that a/c unit.

yote, Jul 7, 2011
  6. HeavyHittah

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

Piss on the AC and the service tech. Congratulations on the job.

And thank you very much for the well wishes on the thread "over there"

RyanG, Jul 7, 2011
  7. HeavyHittah

Thnx guys, I didn't know what to think. I knew leaving the back door unlock was a dumb move, I owned it. But I was just trying to something for me and allow the ac to get fixed. And when me and my Dad go at it, it's like 2 titans. But I hate it at the same time. We are just too much alike that's why I need to go. Me and my Dad have talked but it was more of me listening. Because before I left for Houston we got into a huge argument and reacted in a way that I said I won't do again regardless of the situation. So I just listened to him speak and I just nodded. Huuuh life is crazy.

@Ryan I received the email notifications from LR and "over there" at the same time. I looked at the names in both emails. I literally thought "I wonder if these are the same ryans?.. . .noooooo". LoL. And I'm a very strong believer in prayer, and will stand in the gap for whomever needs it.

HeavyHittah, Jul 7, 2011
  8. HeavyHittah

little_fish Moderator

Sucks about your dad and the AC thing, but congrats on getting the job! like wonton said, we are proud of you!

little_fish, Jul 7, 2011
  9. HeavyHittah

Sir Alex Dragon the eel (below)

2 things. One, I like you new avatar, and two, I don't like AC guys.

This guy that works for this big AC company in the area who always works on our AC, is such a jerk! Once he was at our house and before we had been seeing this really cool snake in the area next to the unit so we told him about. So he says "ok, I'll kill it if I see it.*" ...

Then the next time he was in our house and he was leaving and he looked at my eel and said "what's that??", and we say it's an eel..., so he makes a noise and walks out the door like we're disgusting people. :shock::shock::shock:

* People's dislike for snakes is just way to extreme. My neighbor's mother thinks that snakes are pocesed by the devil. So once I was there and her father found a snake so he took a giant rock like chopped in three pieces with that then ran it over with the lawnmower! :shock:

I remeber once my luny art teacher was telling me about if she saw a snake she would tell her neighbor and he would come over and chop it's head off with a hoe.

Lol, I remeber once I was with my grandfather on the road and there was a snake crossing it. So he went out with a role of paper towels, put it on the snake's head, grabbed behind it's jaw and carried it to the other side! :hernoseen :D

Sir Alex, Jul 7, 2011
  10. HeavyHittah

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Hehehe...AC people don't want to fix a problem...they want to be paid to replace your whole damn unit. My brother was told his whole unit had to be replaced. My brother instead went and bought the part that was broken (I *think* it was a compressor issue) and had another ac guy fix it. Cost him $1200, as opposed to the $5000 to replace.

Anyway, good job showing your dad respect and just taking his rant, regardless of how he is, or how much he's wrong.

wontonflip, Jul 7, 2011
  11. HeavyHittah

sen5241b

Get another tech to fix it!

Question: what did you study in school?

sen5241b, Jul 7, 2011
  12. HeavyHittah

I went and got a trade after college. I studied graphic design at south Carolina. Then I went to learn collision repair and refinishing (painting) at universal technical institute, UTI.

HeavyHittah, Jul 7, 2011
  13. HeavyHittah

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

Holy hell, I went to UTI in Phoenix, butthat was a very long time ago.

fastrd400, Jul 7, 2011
  14. HeavyHittah

Yea Phx is the membership I believe. I think u told me that before I left. Bad memory though. They're about to put one in Dallas to

HeavyHittah, Jul 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question