First real salt water change. !!

Great article thanks. It doesn't actually say that any of these are bad things. I am going to stay positive and hope they are all good things. Corals have responded very well to the new water. Fish don't seem to notice any difference. Suppose corals may have a more natural food source now. Hope weather improves over there and knees start mending too !!!

Great article thanks. It doesn't actually say that any of these are bad things. I am going to stay positive and hope they are all good things. Corals have responded very well to the new water. Fish don't seem to notice any difference. Suppose corals may have a more natural food source now. Hope weather improves over there and knees start mending too !!!
Hey quit hijacking your thread:D

im a believer that all of the life you find in reef waters is good and needed to maintain the health of the reef, some of them only become bad because we cannot provide a large and broad enough ecosystem for the balance that nature has created.

im a believer that all of the life you find in reef waters is good and needed to maintain the health of the reef, some of them only become bad because we cannot provide a large and broad enough ecosystem for the balance that nature has created.
True except for example the Crown of thorns starfish destroys the reef.Does it not?

If you ran the water through a filtre sock, you're good to go Lesely. As I said in the other thread, I've been using NSW for the better part of 40 years.

As for the accent? I'll take Aussie over English any day and twice on Sunday. I got your 6 Lesely, us convicts and Colonists have to stand shoulder to shoulder against the tyranny of the throne.

If you ran the water through a filtre sock, you're good to go Lesely. As I said in the other thread, I've been using NSW for the better part of 40 years.

As for the accent? I'll take Aussie over English any day and twice on Sunday. I got your 6 Lesely, us convicts and Colonists have to stand shoulder to shoulder against the tyranny of the throne.
Our first real sea water change went very well. We will def. do it again. we didn't notice any difference in the tank yet but we only changed 160 liters so thats about 10%, it will tank quite a few changes to completely change out the artificial. Thanks for the advice about the filter socks, will do that next time. I am glad to hear from some one who has done it for a while and it was all OK ! thanks

If there is ANY threat of nasty critters being in the buckets or whatever you're collecting in, rubber gloves might be a good idea too. You just never know, better safe than sorry. When I was a kid, I met another kid from Jamaica that tangled with a Portuguese Man-O-War. He had a scar all the way around his body from it wrapping around him. He told me it felt like someone had a lighter on him for 2 weeks!

A 20 micron bag is sufficient to filtre the water well enough for reuse, that's what I use.

In our [papers this week we have had warnings that apparently we are to expect bout 6 dangerous species of jellies on our beaches as our sea temps have risen.One of these being the portugese man of war.

In our [papers this week we have had warnings that apparently we are to expect bout 6 dangerous species of jellies on our beaches as our sea temps have risen.One of these being the portugese man of war.
Maybe you could catch one for your tank. It should fit nicely they don't have bones. :D

I took on a Man of War when I was 18 years old celebrating my high school graduation in Gulf Shores, AL. It got me from my arm pit, around my back and down to the inside of one of my thighs. It hurt like mother&$@*+#. By the way peeing on it did nothing but make me smell like urine:eek::D

I took on a Man of War when I was 18 years old celebrating my high school graduation in Gulf Shores, AL. It got me from my arm pit, around my back and down to the inside of one of my thighs. It hurt like mother&$@*+#. By the way peeing on it did nothing but make me smell like urine:eek::D
Doesn't work when you pee on yourself, you need some hottie to do it for you. :p

Back