first saltwater tank(37g)

kriskatatstrophic

Reefing newb
This is my first saltwater tank...i should have started this thread a while ago but this is wher my tank is at curently. it is a 37 gallon tank with a marineland 150wat heater a marineland 200 penguin filter. 10 lbs live rock 10 lbs base rock 20lbs live sand.

curent live stock

one peppermint shrimp
DSC01549.jpgDSC01550.jpg
two emerald carbs(green matrix)
DSC01554.jpg
two oclearise clownfish
DSC01551.jpg
one black and gold chromis
DSC01561.jpgwith one of my clowns
two hermits

Well it looks like you have a good start to a new tank. I hope your cycled already but if you aren't your fish will probably live but doubt the shrimp will. Nice to have you around though. Very nice fish.

i was actualy looking at a firefish today my girlfriend said their cute she likes their face but i dont know if i realy like them i was looking for a larger centerpice fish any ideas?

It's a 50/50 chance with the coral beauty and flame. I've had two of them and never had any problems with them eating corals.

sooo u think tis a good chance of them not mwessing with the corals?
also is there anyway i could use a 36inch light on a 30inch aquarium? i fell like i can get beter lights for cheeper with a 36

Nice start Kris!
I would just take the chance with the angels :) they are beautiful fish and my coral beauty never bothered my corals... see if the LFS would let you trade it back in if it did cause problems... I doubt it will tho :)

Back