fish and inverts

AdamC

Reefing newb
Okay so i've had an established tank but bought a new established 90 gallon and everything is in it now and it didnt need to cycle.
But I am anxious to add more because a website is advertising free shipping on all items as long as you buy a 49.99 package. Now you really can't pass that up!!! :bounce:

My dillema is that I will be moving in the beginning of may. So I want some advice whether or not I should go ahead and get a couple other fish. I mainly want a bunch of inverts to help clean the tank as ther are not many in there now.

I have read up quite a bit on how to do a proper move but still fear that I may lose some fish in the process.

I was going to enlist a few friends to help move the tank. Drain the water but keep most of it. Remove the rock but keep the sand in there as to not disturb it much. I was then going to put the fish and anem's in several buckets as well as rocks in totes. Once I set the tank up again across town I was going to add the water then the rocks.

My other question is whether or not I should add the fish once all the water and rock is in there? SHould I wait until it clears or what?
Just looking for some advice and tips. THanks!

Are you talking across town move or across the country move? I had to move my tank from Texas to Washington state that forced me to get rid of every thing in the tank but the rock. Just recently i moved across town and was able to break down and set it back up in the same day.

I would advise against any major purchases until after your move. Free shipping is not that uncommon in all honesty - all of the big online retailers offer free shipping

yeah just across town. Yeah i've noticed some have free shipping on certain packaged but not usually everything with a 49.99 purchase.

Back