Fish attacking????

sid123456

Reefing newb
I'm new to this. I have blue tang, 3 damsels, clark's clown & 3 other little ones. These fish have been together for a while with someone that gave me the tank. When I put a new jawfish in, they bite at it and pull it by the tail. The next day it was fine. Today I put in a clarks clown and they were doing the same thing but a little worse. He finally is now hiding under a rock. Is this normal? Any input would be great.

it sounds normal since you have damsels in the tank and damsels are very territorial and can even kill fish if they want to. also what do you mean by three other little ones

it sounds normal since you have damsels in the tank and damsels are very territorial and can even kill fish if they want to. also what do you mean by three other little ones

The other little ones. I'm not sure what they are one is little and blue, one is all yellow and the other is a rainbow I think.

The Tang and Clown are also attacking. I'll get rid of those damn damsels.

What was the size difference between the two clowns?If this is nearly a full grown clark,it may never accept any clark or any clown,killing them even.My clarks constantly nip the tail fin off my anthias,even though they the clowns were added after the anthias.They had to go,afterall clowns are damselfish too...mean boogers!!!!

What was the size difference between the two clowns?If this is nearly a full grown clark,it may never accept any clark or any clown,killing them even.My clarks constantly nip the tail fin off my anthias,even though they the clowns were added after the anthias.They had to go,afterall clowns are damselfish too...mean boogers!!!!

I'd say it full grown. It's big. approx. 2.5". All the fish that came with the tank are big. Should I trade them at the LFS? Cab this be done? I wolud like to add a new fish once in a while. And these guys won't seem to let me.

What blue tang are we talking about there?Hippo,Dory?
I always thought those were peaceful.

I say for sure the damsels need to go.If the established clown never leaves the new one alone,then both may need to go.

I believe the blue tang will leave the fish alone once it realize that it is not a threat.It may take a few days of leaving the lights off.You never really know with fish,I see it all the time.Aggressive fish that are the opposite and vice versa.

Back