Fish Bought Online

Alot of us buy fish online. one of the better ones to trust is diversden.com or reef hotspot.com they both have good quality fish and great guarentees on live deliveries. so dont be shy just follow the aclimation procedure they set fourth and you should be just fine. :Cheers:

+1 on divers den, the where I got my foxface from. If you go to their site they have some impressive videos of their facilities. And all of ther fish are quarantined and observed before being added to the site for sale.

Be weiry of Saltwaterfish.com policy.If something dies you get store credit and then have to spend the minimum amount to use the credit.

I use the Diver's Den section of Live Aquaria for 99% of my fish purchases.They have not failed me yet.The fish goes through a minimum of three weeks quarantine plus treated for illnesses.If something does happen to die,they credit your credit card,no pictures,no phone interrogation.

Has anyone ever bought fish Online through websites such as Saltwaterfish.com or other Online stores? Is it a good idea, or should I just buy from a LFS?
I bought a Royal Tang on line and its ok, but when it arrived via courier it had been in the bag for probably 12hrs+, the water was very cold and I think if it had been in the bag longer than that it would not have survived, wont by fish on line again i know they are cheaper but whats nicer than chosing your own fish at the lfs

Has anyone ever bought fish Online through websites such as Saltwaterfish.com or other Online stores? Is it a good idea, or should I just buy from a LFS?

+1 reeffreak, don't support saltwaterfish.com. They have a horrible policy and kill a lot from the ocean. If it wasn't for that lame trap of a policy they have (you have to buy equal value as your loss in order to get that amount sent to you, ex. $50 dies in transit, you have to buy another $50 for them to add a $50 comp total=$100, then if that dies you have to buy another $100 to get your $100 comp now =$200 ect. ect.) they would(Should) prolly be out of business by now.

If I was gonna buy online,it'd be from liveaquaria.com.
Or you could just take a little road trip to Chattanooga and check out Bermuda Triangle.:D

I have purchased from them a number of times. The quality of their produce is inferior to the Doctors or Reef Hot Spot. Would I go so far to say don't buy from. No, just be aware.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Saltwaterfish.com and not just on this website.

+1,
I did my very first online fish purchase with Pet-Co about a month ago,yes i said Pet-Co.........i was very happy with them..Got my order in under 24 hours and the fish was packaged great and was fine....i would use them again

I use the Diver's Den section of Live Aquaria for 99% of my fish purchases.They have not failed me yet.The fish goes through a minimum of three weeks quarantine plus treated for illnesses.If something does happen to die,they credit your credit card,no pictures,no phone interrogation.

Agreed. These people are top notch. They have a great selection of fish, and their customer service is by far the best.

Back