Fish choices for 20 gallon tall??

avoid the angel if you have corals in there btw... they might take to munchin' on them....

plus coral beauty=30g. I'd avoid that in a 20...

avoid the angel if you have corals in there btw... they might take to munchin' on them....

plus coral beauty=30g. I'd avoid that in a 20...

+1

If i were you Id look at getting one of these

a six line wrasse
p-24066-wrasse.jpg

or a Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse
p-74616-tanakas-possum-wrasse.jpg

This last one is a tiny guy and only needs a 10g tank, so he'll be happy in your 20... he's easy to take care of as well, but he is a little pricey at $50

Well we just picked up a 1.5yr established 20 gallon tall reef tank. We have some anthelias, and zoas along with 1 clown, 5 snails, and 5 hermits. We are deciding what fish to get next. We like mandarin dragonets, maybe a chromis, but would like a good fish to swim around with the clown. And I pretty much limited to 3 small fish? I don't want too heavy of a bio-load, and plan to fill it with some corals. Plus something to keep the sand bed shifted..
Do not add another clown! clown fish can be very aggressive towards other clowns if not raised together, and in a smaller tank.. Personally the only damsil that I like is the green chromis. Fire fish would be a good addition, maybe 2-4 since they stay small and don't require large amounts of food. You could also go with bangai or pajama cardinals, long nose hawk, small wrasse, scooter blenny or algae blenny. There are many options of small reef safe fish that grow slow and don't get too large.

I'm sure he found the fish already, the thread is over a year old.

Felixfish, are you still around? We want to know what fish you got, since somebody brought your thread from so long ago back to life.

Hate to say it, but who knows if his tank is still up and running.....just saying. I hope it is.

Actually, I just reread the whole post, since I didn't remember from over a year ago. I think he said put a coral beauty in there, on the advice of his LFS !) Can't imagine a coral beauty in a 20 gal, so I wonder how it's doing.

Back