Fish Database

Ian

Reefing newb
The Fish Database is now live :bounce:

Check it out by clicking on the database button at the top of each page. :) John has put in lots of hours of hard work in to this, so he deserves a big thank you from us all :Cheers:

Not all of the sections are live, but the first few fish categories are and they will be added to over time.

Awesome work John.
I already knew this is the best site on the web.But that database pushes the standard right on through the roof.
Thanks for all your work.

No doubt this is a great resource. The amount of work put in is unimaginable. I kept seeing them popping up last night while I was on. Great job John. Thanks for all of your help.

Great work!!! This will be a resourse I count on, so it is very appreciated!!!

Is this the appropriate place to ask a question about this new feature?
What is the standard for the following entry?
AQUARIUM SUITABILITY - 8
Will there be a chart added later? Just wondering and I love what you have done so far.

the standard is 1 is the worse and 10 is the best. with a 10 the fish will most likely eat most anything put into the aquarium, acclimates readily to captivity and anything below 8 needs special conditions, and below 6 for advance hobbyist only and below 5 not recommended. however, there is always an exception to the rule. these are middle of the road guidelines not cast is stone as to say.

I know thiss is a stretch, but the one thing I would love to see is approximate price. Some of the fish I have no clue if they are expensive or not

i know thiss is a stretch, but the one thing i would love to see is approximate price. Some of the fish i have no clue if they are expensive or not

thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately, there is no way to determine the pricing for an animal. Supply and demand will dictate price at any given time for a specific area, the best way to compare pricing is to put up a thread on the site. That way you will get the benefit form various locations and you can compare.

The fish database is great! I wish I would have found this site a few weeks ago. Lots of great information. Thanks for putting this together!!

Back