Fish database

lisamarie806

Reefing newb
I want to say thank you for all the info. in the database, it is very helpful:blueflowe My tank is not that old and Im trying to select fish that are easy care. This is very useful information. Thanks for all the hard work:D

I hope someone can answer me A.S.A.P. PLEASE!!

Everyone is quick to answer me back on any questions I have. THis is the best website, thanks.
I have a question: This Thursday, Im going to get another fish or two for my tank. I would like to know if the Bicolor Angel fish...a pair of them....will be ok in my tank. I have one true percula clown and my two yellow tail damsels one blennie. I have a few hiding places , I have some algae on my rocks and a litte on the wall of my tank. I keep my walls clean as I can....I do not clean all the algae off....I know it is good for the fish. So can someone please answer me, It will be most helpful in my selection of fish. Are they a hardy fish? one more quick question. I have been using the magnet algae cleaner to clean the walls of the aquarium, is it ok to use these magnets. I have read that some will remove a part of the magnet when cleaning the tank. I hope I have not done anything to my water by using these magnets.
Thanks for any help given

One of my fav fish! I just wont put one in my reef tank. But, in a FOWLER it would be great. From all that I have read everyone says don't put 2 angel fish of the same family in the same tank. That is not from my experience though and hopefully some of our angelfish keepers will weigh in on this. If not post the fish question in the Fish Only Tanks thread.
Never herd the the magnet issue. Everyone I know uses the magnets to clean their glass. That or a scrapper of some kind.

As for the two angels they will kill wach other just like daugherty said. I havent heard anything bad about those algae magnets!

if you buy them as a pair (not easy to find) or you buy a large one and a very small one it could work as a pair, if they arent a pair and are the same size i wouldnt even try it

About 80% of the time,2 of the same type of angelfish wont get along.They'll stress and fight untill one or both are dead.I wouldnt risk it,even If they were going to be added at the same time.

If you want a bicolor angel, just get one. The risk of them killing each other if you have two is too high. Also, they are not reef safe, so if you want to keep corals in the future, you need to consider that. But they are pretty hardy.

MagFloats shouldn't be left in the tank when they are not in use. If you scrape your glass and remove the magnet, it will be fine. People run into problems when they just leave it in the water.

Back