Fish die off?

spencer7508

Reefing newb
Im new to this forum thing but have had lots of help so far. So my 125 has been up and running for about 5 months and im having problems with fish turning up dead. About a week ago i traded a guy in town a small clown for a watchman goby. 2 days later i stated smelling a dead fish smell so i started looking around and found it dead behind the rocks. This was also a newer fish i had got from a petstore 2 weeks ago i just figured it didnt adapt good. The next day i noticed my hippo tang just floating around but still breathing. It died about 10 min later. later that day this happined to my coral beauty and 2 tomato clowns. I have also noticed my 2 skunk cleaner shrimp have been very aggressive sence i added the goby. I still have 2 clowns left. The only diffrence i can think of is all the ones that died slept in the rocks and the 2 clowns that are still alive sleep up top in the cornor. Any ideas?

How are you acclimating? Can you give us more information on your setup? Have you checked for stray voltage? What is your salinity? Tank temp? Any more information would be helpful.

Sorry to hear about your fish...maybe answering some of the question that were just asked can help us help you determine what's going on.

What do you have for circulation? Filtration? Other equipment?
I am thinking it might be poor oxygen levels since the two fish that are doing well stay near the top.

Back