Fish Died

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
Well my first fish kicked the bucket already. It was a clown and it got that slimey stuff and died before I could treat it. It was fine yesterday. Do I need to empty my QT tank before I try again.

I would dose the QT with copper,but you shouldnt have to wait to QT another fish.
Hate to hear that you lost your fish BTW.

sounds like velvet - oodinium - nasty stuff. Lost a whole tank to that crap once, about $700 worth of fish. We have all been there.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Dont add any copper to your main tank if you ever plan to add any inverts such as urchins, crabs, snail, star fish, or corals because they're very sensitive to it and it will kill them. Personaly I would never use copper around any tank unless it was a 10 gal QT that I wouldn't mind throwing away. Copper will also go into the rock sand and can go into silicone and you wont be able to remove it.

Okay problem number one.... Clown fish now days are tank bred and grow up in sterile environments. That being said the first time the see a disease or parasite they drop like flies.
Problem number two..... two teaspoons of copper in a 10 gallon tank is like shooting up a gram of heroin in your veins/arteries.... not going to survive that one.

Ok I may give up on a clown because from what I read once they get stressed they die quickly which mine did. So now I'm trying to figure out what fish to get next. Any suggestions are welcome. Also I was a non aggressive tank.

not to mention, if you can't handle a gram of smack, you are a puss anyway. Real men shoot speed balls like they are buttermints!!!

LOL

ok i would like to see a fish all twacked out lol, but off the subject of drugs ha, when you use copper in the qtank does it carry over to the main tank when the fish is ready??

copper also kills bacteria, Ich, Oodinium and other undesirable organisms that kill your fish. It is also deadly to corals, shrimp, etc.

Back