Fish Dying coral thriving???

reefkeeper2013

Reefing newb
I have a 150gal tank setup been up and running for almost 8mths now. Ammonia 0 Phos 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 5 PH 8.4 Calcium 500. Lost 4 green chromis 1 purple dottyback 1 firefish 1 sixline wrasse with in a week. No signs of ich all are eating fine Oh salinity is 1.025 Temp stable at 78.3 Most of the fish i lost was from reefs2go idk if thats just bad fish or what. Current inhabitants are 1 maroon clown 1 orange shoulder tang torch coral frogspawn toadstool leather gsp fire and ice zoas pink palythoas colt coral and red mushrooms all coral growing insanely fast what could cause the fish die off?

drip method for 1 hr the they were QT'd for 30days prior to the addition to the tank the tang and maroon clown and firefish have been in the tank the longest of them all they didn't show any signs of illness just went belly up fast

Your tank probably went through a mini cycle when you added them so close together. Give your tank a few weeks to a month to adjust bacteria levels between each fish. Things should go more smoothly for you :)

Did all the fish come from the same supplier?

Most of the fish i lost was from reefs2go idk if thats just bad fish or what.

Try adding one fish at a time, leaving a month in between additions. Buy from your local fish store, so you can see the fish and ensure that it is eating before you leave the store with it (ask them to feed the fish in front of you). Continue proper acclimation procedures. And see what happens.

I think it had something to do with the reefs2go fish i lost everyone of that order even ones that were still in QT Idk what it is maybe just a bad shipment think im gonna stick with saltwaterfish.com and LA I got an amazing deal with saltwaterfish,com though got a bunch of coral and it was alot bigger than what they said it was and healthier as well

Back