Fish for FO tank

I think some of the lions got loose after Katrina. I read that they were invading the waters in Louisiana People would lose their tanks because of the storm and they found their way into the waters..But I do not think that would account for them being in the Keys.

Reef is right about your tank being to small for those angels.Even with them being small,they'll stress from being in such tight quarters.
From what I've read of the lionfish in the keys.There are 2 versions depending on who your talking to.One say they came from the aquarium.The other says they were introduced through the ballasts of cargo ships.
A friend from work vacations in the keys every year.He said that he had some lionfish fillets that his brother caught down there and HIGHLY recommended them for the table.He said it was without a doubt THE best fish he'd ever had.

I think some of the lions got loose after Katrina. I read that they were invading the waters in Louisiana People would lose their tanks because of the storm and they found their way into the waters..But I do not think that would account for them being in the Keys.

If thats the case that makes it even worse. Lionfish had already begun showing up in the Atlantic before Katrina:disappoin

Back