Fish gone Wild

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I've had a blue-green Reef Chromis for 6 months or so and he rarely hides. He's the only fish that swims around during a water change. Last night he started swimming fast in circles near the surface and going around the entire edge of the tank over and over every 2 or 3 seconds non-stop. I look in the tank many hours later and he is still going. He stopped briefly to eat some flakes and nibble at my finger. Never seen any fish do this.

Did you do anything different to the tank?

If not, I would say wait until morning and see how it goes after lights come back on. Fish do some unusual things.

No tank was not changed but its just strange to see the fish suddenly after all these months circle the tank every 3 seconds, non-stop, for about 6 hours in a row.

He's still going in circles! Yeah, we considered caffeine might have got in the tank some how. Its weird.

Here he is: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRsfKbOP-KY]YouTube - Blue-Green Reef Chromis keeps circling tank forever[/ame]

Ummmm that was the most boring video I've ever seen. All the fish did was swim in circles. I expected stripping and nudity at the least. After all Sen you named the thread "Fish Gone Wild!" :mrgreen:

Listlessness?Can you bang the glass and the chromis doesn't flinch.
Stringy poop?Ignores food?

Believe it or not,I had the same thing happen with several chromis many years ago.Did the exact same thing.In my case it was an internal parasite,maybe worms.Poop was long and gray,didn't break off easily.

I've got 2 things....do his eyes look a little bugged out? It's hard to tell in the video.

This is purely unscientific and is just opinion...but if I was a fish and wanted to get out of a certain area that was blocked off (your tank) I would go directly to the top and start swimming in circles looking for an escape route...maybe that's what he's doing....Now we've just gotta figure out why he's looking for an escape route.

Ummmm that was the most boring video I've ever seen. All the fish did was swim in circles. I expected stripping and nudity at the least. After all Sen you named the thread "Fish Gone Wild!" :mrgreen:

What? The fish was nude. Its only an $8 fish but hey I luv mysteries like this.

Listlessness?Can you bang the glass and the chromis doesn't flinch.
Stringy poop?Ignores food?

Believe it or not,I had the same thing happen with several chromis many years ago.Did the exact same thing.In my case it was an internal parasite,maybe worms.Poop was long and gray,didn't break off easily.

He had the same thing a few days back --stringy gray poop that just hung there a long time. What did you do?

How do I use this voltmeter I just got? I'm lost.

465445_081117162549_Multimeter1_trans.jpg

Last edited:
Back