Fish List

Paste

I'm on a boat!
Ok, this should be my last question thread until I actually have fish in the tank....

Setting up a list of fish I would like to have in my tank (not putting all of these in obviously)... currently have:

[FONT=&quot]Cardinal - [/FONT]Bangaii or Pajama?... thoughts?
Clowns - kids want these... they are going in
[FONT=&quot]Dottyback - Daughter loves purple.. look stunning but don't know much about them
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Chromis - everyone talks about these as cheepy starter fish... but I like how they look
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lawnmower Blenny - Really like the look of these and horseface blennys
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Yellowhead Jawfish - cute eyes... look like aquatic prairy dogs.. thoughts?
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Flame Angle - Slightly worried about coral with these guys... again stunning
Foxface - keep reading 70 gal tank requirement... keep telling myself can house in 65 till I start my tank in my man room...

Any other suggestions, concerns that these fish may not get along?
Something I am missing?

What are your favorites? I would hate to stock my tank and learn I didn't get the golden awesome lightning Buddha fish...
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I would narrow it down to 6 or 7 fish. You're gonna love the Foxface :D I absolutely LOVE mine.

Maybe ditch the Flame Angel if you had to take any off the list, since there is a risk of them nipping at corals. Others will chime in.

Foxface is a great fish, I have a one-spot and couldn't imagine the tank without it.

I personally would skip the Chromis unless you go with only one. Wait till you have a bigger tank and can get a large school. I think they are great fish and have had 7 in my 180 for going on a year now, but others have had problems with them killing each other off. I really believe that the more the better cause that way it's impossible for the dominant Chromis to single out just one of the school to pick on.

I also have a Flame Angel, but the tank he is in has limited corals right now, not because of him so much but my Klien Butterfly, so I can attest to it picking on coral. My Coral Beauty in another tank with alot of coral seems to not be interested in picking on any of it. But as always with any Dwarf Angel is 50/50 with coral.

As stated clowns can be fairly aggressive, but I found my Percula Clown got over new additions pretty quickly, but I have a Maroon Clown that I won't dare add new fish to its tank for the fear of what it would do.

Always remember to add fish from the least aggressive first to most aggressive last.

My clowns were the first in the tank. It really depends what kind of clown you get. The ocellaris tend to be the most docile, but it's really 50/50. I've never had aggression issues w/ my clowns (except with each other)

I had a pair of percs in my 50 that were absolute terrors, and I have a pair in my 10 now that are mild mannered and sweet natured. The ones in my 50 would attack me and anything else in the tank. My 10 gallon ones are friendly, playful, and welcoming of new tank inhabitants. So it's really a crapshoot!

i have a maroon clown and a fox face and they get along great. definatly going to be hard to stick to a list though, just shopping for fish and getting what you like when you see it is the funnest part of being a reefer.

Back