Fish Names... Ideas and ones Used.

Ninja Spear

Bloodsail Admiral
So, I am wondering what people Name their Fish, I myself Enjoy Naming animals very unique and Cool Names. So please post your Fish, shrimps, crabs, snails, starfishes, or whatever is in your tanks or Refuges names. (If there is a Thread Like this one My bad)

I want to see how far off base I am with naming my sea Critters. I will start.

I got a Clown Fish named "The Giver" because she feeds her anem.
My Damsel's Name is Steve O, because he does dumb things and Looks silly.
I had a Tang once, (died) called Wu-Tang. It Liked to Pick Fights so I figured it thought it was a Bad ass like the Wu-Tang clan.

Heheheh..my kids name my fish. I call them all Hey You!

The only critter that my kids named that I was fond of, and actually called by name was our peppermint Shrimp, Mo (like, Mo from Wall-E...cuz he kept the tank clean...hehehe).

All of mine have had rather obvious names....mostly because it is a 4 and 6 year old naming them! My hippo tang is named.....Dory (duh) and my two clowns are...yep, you guessed it, Coral and Marlin (no Nemo because neither has a "bad fin"). My sailfin tang is called Bumblebee. My two cleaner shrimp are called Hawkeye and Jaques and my little peppermint is called Survivor. Past fish names have included a diamong goby called Josie, a dragon goby called Jose, a smaller dragon goby called MJ (Mini Jose), a railway goby called Rocky, a long fin banner fish called Hanna, several chromis trios named Larry, Curly, and Mo, and Hewey, Dewey, and Louie. None of my blennies survived long enough to be christened. *L*

I dont name my fish. My daughter use to but that backfired. I ended up with a yellow tang about 10 years ago that I couldnt get rid of because "sundance" was just to special. The pos killed everything in my tank. I watched him slice open every other fish. :frustrat:

I got to thinking, clowns are supposed to feed their nem but I have yet to see either of my dumb ass clown try and take any type of food to their torch that they host.

My gf names all of my fish.

Yellow watchman - chiquita
Coral Beauty - kahuna
Small clown - sonic
Female clown - ziggy
Sunburst Anthia - sunkist
Bi-color blenny - she calls him Big Ben, I told her i prefer Heath Miller (both are Steelers for those who don't know, the fish is black and gold)
Purple firefish - boom pow (because his two fins are always popping)
Teminik wrasse - Sully

I forget what she calls the Hoevens.

What's pos ?

I've only got one named. Grandson named the peppermint shrimp Slim Shady.
The yellow tang. He got big and back then I didnt know any better the tank was to small and he got huge. Then he just sliced his way through everything else in the tank. I watched him gut 3 fish. Of course it was my fault but still. Everytime I told my daughter that I was gonna sell the fish she would start crying so I ended up with a tank that had one big yellow tang in it and nothing else. He was a pretty fish but I got so bored with my tank it ended up getting taken down when he finally died. It was empty and a eye sore until last year. Hey my tank has been going for a year now ya me and have had very little problems with it. Thanks to everyone on this site.

Ohh, I name eveything!

My horses are:

Pegasus, Phoenix, Star, Storm, Hidalgo and Coraline. Oboe, my goby, Jazz my clown, Stella, my GSP, Elphie my green shroom, Loofah my sea cucumber, Shiva and Ganesh my peppermint shrimp, Claws my hermit, JoJo Mo Jo my hairy mushroom........

C

Funny Names. I like them.

I see a lot of Comments with Children naming the tanks inhabitants, Hummm. I am sure my little soon to be Girl will have her Share in naming my fish and renaming what already has a name…...

Until then I Need to Name my Blood Shrimp and Clam.

I think I am going to name my Clam "Friday" From Robinson Crusoe. I got the Clam on a Saturday though; it should make for a funny Story when my Friends come over for dinner and Beers.

ok, heres mine, thier real original, but hey, at least i can remember them....
Clown - Nemo
Bangi cardinal - Spike
Snowflake eel - Snowflake
red starfish - Budy The Retarded Starfish
sand sifting starfish - gimpy (this name is pending the wifes approval)

I use to name my fish after friends here on Living Reefs but it became so sad.When one of them past away telling people Yote died,Dr. Marco died-you get the idea.

My beloved Bifferwine is buried in my backyard unless the dogs dug her up and had a snack.:sniffles:

2108194.jpg

I use to name my fish after friends here on Living Reefs but it became so sad.When one of them past away telling people Yote died,Dr. Marco died-you get the idea.

My beloved Bifferwine is buried in my backyard unless the dogs dug her up and had a snack.:sniffles:

2108194.jpg

HAHAHAHAH
Poor dogs:shock:

The only fish I ever really named,was a Foxface.And I cant post what its name was because I'd get banned.:mrgreen:

I remember Bifferwine the Naso! So sad :cry:. I also name my fish after other LR members :shock:

Here are mine:
yellow tang = Tangy
clowns = Clowny and Alexander
sixline wrasse = Yote/Reeffreak (sorry, I can't remember which of you was the wrasse and which of you was the dead kole tang!)
coral beauty = Marco
mandarin = Mandy
pajama cardinals = Peanut and Jelly

The two chromis, the blue damsel and the yellow tailed damsel are unnamed. Does that make me a bad mom?

Back