Fish opinion

Harleylay

Reefing newb
I have a 90gal and looking to add fish. I currently have 1 blue hippo 2 clowns 2 green chromis and a cardinal, think he is dying. I have some invertebrates also, just want to get some opinions on what fish to add

Hello. there are many ways you could go. First off the blue hippo tank should be in a bigger tank, 180 is recommended. They just need a lot of swimming room. If it was me I would look at a Yellow tang. One of my favorite fish. Liveaquria has increased the min tank size to 100 but I know several people that have them in 90's and they do well. Another great option would be a Kole yellow eye tang. Well with in the min tank size (70 gallon) and a nice attractive fish with personality. For shear color look at a flame angel...is considered with caution for reef tanks but such a beautiful fish and with the size tank you have would be really nice. :twocents:

+1 Ted and is your tank only 2 weeks old, though? If that's the case, you need to slow down. You should only add 1 or 2 (maybe 3) and leave a gap of a couple of months in between adding more to let your tank adjust to the bioload.

Which fish do you think is dying and why? The cardinal? If he IS dying, you really should check your parameters first.

Yea I think the cardinal all my numbers are good just do t think he has been eating. He has been laying on his side then swims around for a few he seems real weak.

Back