Fish Question

I was going to go with a 125 but not sure if it'll fit where it'll need to go. Do you know if a 125 is exactly 72" long? I'm going to make a trip to PA and I'm going to measure the tank but if I knew before hand it would help. I guess I would have to measure the stand because aren't they usally longer? I could always make a stand to fit like I did my 55.

My 125 is 72" long, 18" front to back, 20" tall. The stand is a buffet i modified slightly to hold a tank.. Check out my build thread if ya get a chance...

my 125 measures the same. the stand I got fits the tank exactly with no overhang from underneath the tank. it is flush with the sides, so it is 6 feet even. If you can't get the 125 to fit, I still say look to the 120.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

MikMcgyver
I do remember your stand. Maybe I can find something that I can modify if I can't find a stand.

Dr Marco
Is there a pic of your stand on this site anywhere?

no, but I will take a pic right now and post it on this page in about 5 minutes.

OK, here are two shots of my tank stand. It is nothing special, but it was economical and has work great for years.

PA260002.jpg

PA260003.jpg

I still believe they still sell them. I'll have to look next time I go out looking. Thanks. I maybe able to get a 125 after all.

sorry , I can't remember the name of the seller or the stand. I am sure someone here can ID it for you if you are not sure

Looks like an AGA stand to me too.They have three styles of stands from pine(Doc's pic),modern and mission for 125g. tanks.The mission being the most expensive of the three but do they look really nice.

Another questions. I really would like to get a reef ready tank. Do they make one in a 125? Would this be the best way to go?

Yes absolutely,both dual corner overflow and twin megaflow.Take your pick....I do prefer the two overflows on the corners.,easier to aquascape.Don't forget you have to buy two accessory kits with the RR.They come with the bulkhead fittings,Durso standpipes,return nozzles.

How do you tell the difference? What does the accessory kit contain? This is totally new for me. My tank now has the overflow box.

if you are OK with money, you can buy covers for the overflows that look just like liverock with corals. They are pretty expensive, but look awesome. They perfectly fit over the black overflows, and when you build your rockwork, it is nearly impossible to detect.

The corner overflows are exactly that-two overflows on the right and left corners(half on the back glass and half oN the side glass).The megaflow is like my ex-tank.Twin overflows on the back glass only.

The accessory kit comes with the plumbing for the overflows including-bulhead fittings,pvc return and nozzle,durso strandpipes(curve piece with screen)

Here's a pic-one kit per overflow.
2108.jpg

Piggy they say 100 gallons minimum on a yellow but I think it would take a Long tme to fully grow out to need that.

So yeah a yellow tang and Coral beauty would be a nice choice . and alot better on the ol' pocket book,
as both of those fish are less than 40 each. in my area,

I really needed to read on the rest of the thread before i started posting... any 6 foot long tank will work on the yellow tang Id even say you could do a Blue regal.

Marco that is the AGA stand the Perfecto stock stand allows the tank to sit in a little lip on the edges.
newtank005-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back