Fish stocking

lilmatty5dimes

Reef enthusiast
So, I sold a couple of fish out of my 90g to make room for some more. While trying to fish them out by a minnow trap. After 5 days and nothing and watching him swim in and out like th rocks decided to take a couple of rocks out to make it easier. After 30mins of trying to catch them I went with the bare minimum of rocks finally got the two out. But the only one(blue eye kole tang) I didn't want to sell got to stressed and passed away. So, now I'm looking for some new fish. I'm going to transfer the black & white clowns over to sell my BioCube. So, the list of fish at the lfs are:
PJ cardinals
Flame angel
Green chromis*
Mimic tang
Royal gramma
I was thinking getting 3 or 4 of the chromis or a pair of PJ cardinal and then maybe a royal and goby for the biocube to keep the bioload until it sells. Is that necessary? Thanks lil Matty

Stocking looks good, you can probably add another fish or two (depending on how many chromis and cardinals you get).

How are you going to sell the Cube?

I would just move any LR that's going with the cube into a big tub and keep a heater in there and get started emptying the Biocube, save you some trouble on the selling end.

(I was looking for tanks and passed on a few due to them being stocked because I didn't want to waste a whole day (vs a half day) dealing with fish stuff from a stranger.)

+1 Bebop

I think that is a good list, but you should go with an odd number of chromis that way there is a smaller chance of them picking on one another. I would also commit to feeding them twice a day to lessen bullying.

Ok sounds good. Maybe I'll add an anthias or wrasse. Maybe another tang. Not sure what else. It'll leave room for something later on. For the biocube I was going to sell as a whole packaged. Well, see how it works out.

Back