Fish Stores in Southern Maryland?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Sir Alex, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Sir Alex

Sir Alex Dragon the eel (below)

Anyone know any good fish stores in Maryland (preferably in southern Maryland) :question:

Sir Alex, Apr 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Sir Alex

SeaBee Ha Ha Thats Funny!

Isnt Mr. Coral down there???

SeaBee, Apr 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Sir Alex

It's pretty far, and it only sells corals.

Sir Alex, Apr 24, 2011
  4. Sir Alex

SeaBee Ha Ha Thats Funny!

Hence the name, my bad.

SeaBee, Apr 24, 2011
  5. Sir Alex

Waddi Shenanigans? VIP Member

Waddi, Apr 24, 2011
  6. Sir Alex

Here's a nice positive review of a local place (less then 2 hours away). The other places aren't much better, I think I'll get most of my stuff online... Here it is:

salt water only. I found this store on the Internet and called the week of 10/19/2007 to see if they had any True Percula clowns in stock. The guy on the phone was very excited and said yes he was getting ready to pick them up from the airport and I could come in around 3pm. I gave him my name and number and asked him to hold them. I called back before leaving to make sure they were in and John answered. He stated that he had canceled the order and that I should try back next week.
    The following week I called again and John said he had 6 wild caught True Percula clowns (3 pair)coming in. So again I asked if he could hold a pair for me. On Friday I called and asked if the fish were in he said yes and that they were $30.
    I took the one hour drive to Sea Save and met John and his store. I chose a pair of clowns and got to the register when.... He said they were $50.00 plus tax. I was quite disturbed but since I drove an hour and waited a week I said what the heck and spent the extra $20. I took the fish out to my car and I was very excited to get a better look at them.
    Now in my car fish in bag I looked closely at them and they didn't seem right. The black banding was very thin and the orange dull. One of the fish had a deformed fin on its underside.
    I took the fish back in and asked John about the coloration and the fin. He said it was the fishes lucky fin and that the coloration would get better with maturity. I told him that I thought True Percula clown had darker and thick black banding. He looked at me and said these are tank raised. I said What? John had told me they were wild caught from Sumatra. I asked again about the coloration and he just repeated himself, I said are you sure these are True Perculas? He said they were Ocellaris. Now I was VERY frustrated and asked if he could refund my money and get me a pair of True Percula Clowns wild caught for the price he told me of $30. He snatched the fish out of my hand and said these were more because they are tank raised. He then slung (not gentle at all) the fish back into the kiddie pool they came from. He said Ill order them and call you next week. I said "So I guess your not going to refund my money?". He said I cant do credit card returns I don't know how. I said I paid cash. He then went to the register and grabbed the money and threw it on the counter. He walked away from me to his side door and call me an asshole and left the room. I then left and threw the business cards he gave me on the floor.
    Finally being the nice person I am I gave him another chance. I called this week and asked again for the fish he said he would have them on Wednesday 10/31/07. He told me they would now be $75.00. I said why are they so much he said because they are from the wild and a pair. I called on Wednesday to see if the fish were there. He told me they didn't come in.
    Game over I quit. This place has horrible customer service. The owner John has serious anger management issues and while yes they have nice live rock their store could be duplicated in my basement this weekend.

Sir Alex, Apr 24, 2011
  7. Sir Alex

Sir Alex, Apr 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question