Fish suggestion...

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
OK, I have lost two fish in the past couple of weeks and although I can't figure out the reason, I would like to add to my little community. Currently, I've got 1 maroon clown, 1 fire fish (RIP Enkido) and one goby, don't know what kind it's like a glowing white with a hint of purplish blue on it's tail. Lost one yellow goby and one fire fish. I also have a peppermint shrimp and a red shrimp (they called it a cleaner shrimp at the LFS) I hand feed the shrimp every couple of days and it's a lot of fun. I've got set up my 10 gallon tank and it's been running for about a month. I've given up on the idea that this will be my mangrove tank and I'm just making a nano tank out of it. Something's up with the 10 gallon because I've now put 4 different corals in there and they just won't open. It's got crabs and snails doing fine but I don't want to put a fish in until I figure out what's going on. So, here's the question. What are some really bright, easygoing, unusual shaped fishes that I can add to the group? Don't want to overdo the bio load in my 29 gallon. I love the color and shape of tangs but I don't think my tank is right for it. I hate the look of Pajama fish? My LFS guy's got a whole tank of them and their red eyes creep me out. I have more fun looking at the crabs, snails and shrimp, should I just stick to them? Thanks for any advice, Catherine

Tangs aren't suitable for tanks under 75 gallons, so that one can be crossed off. How about a type of wrasse? They are hardy and beautiful.

And if you really like shrimp.Look at the fire shrimp,sexy shrimp,cleaner shrimp.Just stay away from the coral banded shrimp.

Tangs arent that good for your setup because they need alot of room to swim. They need at least 75 g tanks to suit there needs. I think a good breed of fish are Gobies they are beautiful and small!!Good Luck

I know I can't have a Tang until I get a big tank. I just love their rich yellow color! Love the tasslefish but it says 75 gallons. The wrasse is beautiful! Also, love the purple firefish idea. I only get a few inches of fish in my tiny tank so I want them to be bright! Thanks for the suggestions.

Catherine

Back