fish suggestion

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
I have a 40 gal FOWLR tank stocked currently with 1 Coral Beauty, 1 Six line wrasse and 1 1.5 foot ghost ribbon eel. Im looking for 1 maybe 2 more fish to add and looking for options.

Fish im currently considering are

Clowns
Bengaii Cardinals
Firefish/Purple firefish
Damsels (orange kind, forgot name)

Anyone have any imput on what would work best? Also any other suggestions?

This will be the last fish addition made to the tank.

clowns are great especially if they host something, mine are in a toadstool coral, i would get a pair, they can be aggressive, however, especially the bigger species. I find bangaii cardinals a little boring but it's down to your opinion. Not had any experience with firefish but heard others rave about them. Damsels = :evil!?!?: in my opinion, except for one or two exceptions.

my lfs just got some maroon clown with the yellow stripes, will those end up getting too agressive?? Also, they have this really sweet i think valentini puffer. Ive always liked puffers for their personality, any imput on those as far as if it would be compatible with my other fish??

my lfs just got some maroon clown with the yellow stripes, will those end up getting too agressive?? Also, they have this really sweet i think valentini puffer. Ive always liked puffers for their personality, any imput on those as far as if it would be compatible with my other fish??

The yellow stripes are a little less aggressive then the white stripe.Since the maroon is added last you have a good chance.I say give it a try.

I have a maroon and he's a peach. I'm lucky they can get nasty but he seems to like new friends to play with. *shrug*

well i went to the LFS today and they didnt ave the clowns anymore but they did have this gorgeous Royal Gramma. The ones they have had in the past were all small and very shy but this guy was completely different so i decided to get him. I added him to the the tank and my Coral Beauty proceeded to chase him around him a bit Now, hes just hiding in some rocks poking his head out every once in a while. Hopefully things will work out.

My royal gramma loves to hide in the rock. He comes out now and then. But he prefers staying in the rock.

Back