Fish to eas feather duster worms

tzevchik

Reefing newb
Hello,
I'm after a reef-safe fish that will eat the feather dusters that have migrated from my sump to my dt. I was thinking of a wrasse of some type (christmas or canary). I have a blue hippo, yellow tang, 2 osc. clowns and a six line wrasse that it needs to play nice with. I would greatly appreciate your imput. I am also open to other suggestions on how to eliminate most of the dusters.

Last edited:
Im not quite sure why you want them gone. They are great filter feeders and IMO very cool. But your best bet would probably be some kind of urchin rather than a fish.

Then i think an urchin is your best bet. I cant think of any fish off the top of my head that would eat them, although some angels and butterflies might, but they would also probably mow down any other corals you have in there

Yes, I could mechanically remove them. I don't want to sacrifice my corals to solve the problem. I've read that the copperband butterfly would be a good candidate, but I've also read that they can be difficult to raise and kept fed well.

That is true because many people cant feed them correctly and they are extremely difficult to get to eat frozen foods.

But they are also not reef safe and will more than likely eat some of your other corals.

Back