Fish trap

So ive built my first fish trap. Not sure if it will even work. The only question i have is the sticky adheisive that kept the label on is still on the bottle. Do i have to get it off or will it be okay to go in the tank as is? If i have to get it off whats the best way of removal? You can see it best in pic #3 what im asking about.

41721f25.jpg

f95e3a95.jpg

edd31d37.jpg

49d7a1db.jpg

431c63a9.jpg

I jus got off work and am tryin it. He keeps going at the bottle and biting the bottle lol. Dunno if he's Gunna figure out how to get in

Haha well it did work but took time. He would try and get at the food by nipping at the bottle . Pretty sure he knew it was a trap. But i left it in over night. Went to work before my lights came on. Came home 7 hrs later and he was in there pissed the fawk off. I took him out quickly and moved him to a 5 gallon bucket and brought him to the LFS where i buy most my corals. He wanted to give me 10 dollars store credit to feed it to his lion fish but i said id rather take no store credit and try and sell him. If he doesn't sell him ina month i told him to call me for the feeding. I think the xmas wras is one of the prettiest fish out there and he had personality. It was hard to let him go and defintly didnt wanna just make him fish food right away. He agreed and said if he did sell him he'd give me half of whatever he sold him for.

I was actually hoping to get this on video but obviously i wasnt home to tape the trapping. However it did work. Starve fish,insert trap and boom problem solved. I used a poweraide bottle because the wras was on the bigger side. Id recommend useing the right size bottle for the size of the fish. But all in all it worked! He's not nippin at my acans but the ones he did bite alot havent fully stretched out at all today. I'm hoping today when the lights come on they do if not tomorrow. If they are totally messed up im gunna be real sad. They are sweet acans.

3 days ago I noticed my acans were stretched and the skeloton was showing and now today gone. I am so upset....I have to figure out what it could of been. Do you think this Idea will work on Damsels? I have 3 that I wanna catch and someone told me to use a tiny ice fish hook and catch them.But I am scared that I will get my blue tang or foxface.

Back