Fishies for tank

ReelNorth

Reefing newb
Ok, so I am now down to a 75 gallon, as the costs on the 125 are a little nuts. I will upgrade later

What are some good fish I can have in a 75 gallon tank, with a reef - likely softies and maybe some stony corals.

I will be running a 90 g sump under the tank, on a custom stand. Beauty is the most important thing

:bounce:

in a 75, plan for about 15-18 inches of fish total. You can have a school of anthias, bicolor being really active and amazingly beautiful. All the clownfish are open to you. You could push a smaller tang, like a yellow tang, for most of its life, but in 3 years, it will out grow the tank.

A flame angel would be good, fairy wrasses are really beautiful. Royal gramma, blennies, gobies, etc... just decide what you are looking for: a reef with lots of colorful small fish, or a centerpiece fish with a few add on's for movement. Your call. Look for fish that stay around 6 inches or smaller when full grown.

-Doc

I think that if you had a big piece of birds nest coral with about 14 dameslfish would be pretty neat. I got the idea from Planet Earth where they are hiding.

Wait, wha----huh? I thought you said you had a 75? If you are upping to a 125 your fish choices increase to a much greater extent. Are you asking what you can do with fish in a 125 or coral with MH in a 125?

-Doc

sorry!!

I curently have a 125 and a 75. I was going to do the 75, as the cost of lighting etc was expensive, plus all the LR etc

I scored a sweet deal on some MH, so I was going to do the 125 instead. I traded a guy some baby fish plus a tank for a sump (90g) and some LR

So yes, my question is

What types of fish can I put in the 125g provided I want to do a reef as well.:bowdown:

Back