FishNeedIt.com - Aquarium Lighting

Just got an email back from Simon at Fishneedit and he said to expect the info and pricing for the LED's to be available on March 18th.

Wow. They are such a great company and have wonderful customer service. I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig if the price on the lights was good.

That's what I'm thinking as well Sarah.

I've been planning my next tank build for a couple months now. The problem is, it won't fit in my house! :lol: I'm going to have to remove a wall or something to get the tank inside. It's going to be LEDs. Hopefully more companies like Fish Need It are going to be entering the market and creating more competition. They are still too expensive for your average reefer.

Obviously, the big project is on hold until I get that six-figure a year job I've been looking for. ;)

just hit thier site to poke around. im putting together a new 120G tank . came across the MH / T5 combo light which houses 2 x 150W MH and 4 x T5.

now iv heard that 175W fixtures with the right lamps can equal a 250W for lumens.

would these 2 x 150MH still put out adequate par for said 120G tank to grow pretty much anything... including an anemone

was thinking of going with 20K lamps and color correcting with the T5,s. unless you think the 14K would be adequate

idk 100% but if you want it to be 2x250w mh instead id just email them they are vary helpfull im sure they could give you a quote on it. I converted my 250mh pen to have 2x t5s on each side and they gave me the mounting brackets when i made the order.

I WANT TO DO A NEW BUILD NOW! and make it led with fishneedit fixtures. i absolutely love my 4 bulb 4 foot t5 fixtures that i have. and i think my corals that i have now do also

Back